Frequently Asked Questions
Or questions we though were going to be asked so we just answered them in advance.
- Q: What do you use to code Ralsei?
- Q: Why do you care so much for latency or restart times?
- I want to keep the bot as fast as possible so that users won't be waiting on the bot to respond. 20 ms still means it takes 0.02s to reach the user. I want that to be as low as possible.
- Q: Why do you refer to yourself as "we" on posts?
- I don't want to grab all the credit for the bot because I didn't make it myself. I had lots of people on forum sites that provided code and tutorials, and I had all of you who made great suggestions.
- Q: WHEN IS THE NEXT UPDATE YOU SAID NEXT WEEK ITS BEEN THREE WEEKS CHLOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING
- ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT, CALM DOWN! Update notices are posted on the Ralsei Bot Official Twitter Account. Same with announcements. You can also tag it in case you have bot issues.
- Q: Did you just sell out the Twitter account for the bot?
- No, I just happen to be most active on Twitter, so it's the best place to contact me.
- Q: Will you eventually kill off Ralsei (the bot)?
- When DELTARUNE isn't a big thing anymore, and I have no place to put the bot in, I can hand over the bot to a developer or if I don't have other developers with me, then I'll have to shut the bot down. But that won't happen in the near future.
- Q: Are you affiliated with <other bot name>?
- No, the Ralsei bot is not affiliated with any other bot.
- Q: Do you rip off of other bots or not?
- No, I do not. I try to keep ideas as original as possible which is why I ask for user feedback whenever I'm developing Ralsei's features. Whatever might look like a rip-off may just be a coincidence.
- Q: FAKE! YOU COPIED <BOT NAME>!
- I didn't. It's either a coincidence, or I just happened to come first.
- Q: How can I support the bot?
- You can share the bot around to your friends, and put him on different servers. He's completely free, so you won't have to worry about paying anything. You can also give us an upvote on our Discord Bot List entry.
- Q: How can I support the developer?
- Support ME?! I didn't make Ralsei to get money. I don't intend on making money out of my software until I'm employed. You can support the Ralsei bot and I'll be fine with that already.
- Q: How can I see how the bot is doing?
- As of v1.1, you can run !rls analytics to see information about bot performance.
- Q: THE BOT IS OFFLINE OH MY GOSH WHAT DO I DO?
- OH MY GOSH OH NO THIS IS BAD QUICK PING ME ON DISCORD @chlod#9493 OR SCREAM IT IN THE SUPPORT SERVER
- Q: Why does the database disconnect often?
- There seems to be an issue regarding stability when connecting to the database. While Ralsei continuously scans for issues, the solution may take a while to process. Sometimes we have to restart our connection, and that can take a while. Nonetheless, if your command didn't work once, try again. It could be fixed then.
- Q: Why are there so many limits?
To streamline the release for 1.1, we need to gauge the usage of bot resources. This includes having to limit the size of each server configuration so that we don't overload the server and cause a disturbance for everyone.
We will loosen the limit on responses once we are using a database with sufficient space.
- Q: Why do you have to keep everything free?
- I'm not making money off Ralsei, nor do I have enough money to sustain the bot. I can request donations, but it's not that feasible given my current situation.
- Q: Internet hug?